Students also participate in a scavenger hunt and other hands-on activities including:
• Estimate the weight of, and verify using scales, different food items needed for a healthy snack.
• Determine the price per unit to make budget-friendly decisions.
• Read nutrition labels to determine the exact amount of nutrients in a food item.
• Discuss what influences people’s food choices in a grocery store.
Activity: Search for foods that contain whole grains, practice fractions using items from bakery
Supports Learning Standards
All Field Trip Factory programs are grade/age appropriate and align with national/local learning standards. (See the program and highlights flyers for more details - available in the Resources Tab above)
Age Range & Duration
Grades 3 - 8 | Approximately ~ 60 minutes
Group Size Limit
7 - 35 Students
(Individual stores may vary group size accomodations - see booking form details)
FREE (You are responsible for transportation for your group to/from the store location)
How to Book the In-Store Field Trip (Part 2)
• Book and participate in Part 1 - Ambassador at School
• Work with the visiting Ambassador during their Part 1 - At School visit to agree upon a date/time for your in-store field trip, if possible
• Call Field Trip Factory at 800.987.6409 when ready to schedule; Please have your Reference Number from your Part 1 booking for reference
• The Field Trip Factory Call Center will input your booking into the system during your call and trigger automated booking confirmations for Part 2