A Unique Nutritional Program for Kids at Your Local Loblaws®
Follow a registered dietitian through the aisles of your local Loblaws® and learn to make healthier food choices. Children discover the importance of a balanced meal, the nutrients provided by the four food groups and how each nutrient benefits their bodies.
This interactive hands-on learning experience engages children and teaches them about making informed healthy food choices using the Guiding Stars® nutrition labeling system and Canada's Food Guide. Students are exposed to a variety of foods and activities in a fun, educational setting that gets them excited about eating healthy.
Audience: Junior K - 3 (~60 minutes) Grades 4 - 8 (~90 minutes)
Group Size: 5 - 30 students
FREE FIELD TRIPS SUPPORT PROVINCIAL STANDARDS THROUGH:
- Play-based Learning: Learning in Real-Life Contexts
- Developing Numeracy
- Developing Social Skills
- Preparation of Nutritious Snacks
- Understanding Health Concepts and Developing Health Literacy
- Making Connections for Healthier Living Daily Physical Activity
THIS TOUR IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE STUDENTS VALUABLE INFORMATION ON:
- Creating healthy lifestyle behaviours
- Learning how to make informed eating decisions
- Understanding the Guiding Stars shelf labeling system
- Recognizing the nutritional value of foods based on Canada’s Food Guide
Can't find your local Loblaws®? This program is offered only at select locations due to group size and/or availability of dietitians.
Check out what happens at a field trip and cooking class!